Here is a my video tutorial on R programming – The essentials. This tutorial is meant for those who would like to learn R, for R beginners or for those who would like to get a quick start on R. This tutorial tries to focus on those main functions that any R programmer is likely to use often rather than trying to cover every aspect of R with all its subtleties. You can clone the R tutorial used in this video along with the powerpoint presentation from Github. For this you will have to install Git on your laptop After you have installed Git you should be able to clone this repository and then try the functions out yourself in RStudio. Make your own variations to the functions, as you familiarize yourself with R.
git clone https://github.com/tvganesh/R-Programming-.git
Take a look at the video tutorial R programming – The essentials
If you are passionate about cricket, and love analyzing cricket performances, then check out my 2 racy books on cricket! In my books, I perform detailed yet compact analysis of performances of both batsmen, bowlers besides evaluating team & match performances in Tests , ODIs, T20s & IPL. You can buy my books on cricket from Amazon at $12.99 for the paperback and $4.99/$6.99 respectively for the kindle versions. The books can be accessed at Cricket analytics with cricketr and Beaten by sheer pace-Cricket analytics with yorkr A must read for any cricket lover! Check it out!!
You could supplement the video by reading on these topics. This tutorial will give you enough momentum for a relatively short take-off into the R. So good luck on your R journey
You may also like
1. Introducing cricketr! : An R package to analyze performances of cricketers
2. Literacy in India : A deepR dive.
3. Natural Language Processing: What would Shakespeare say?
4. Revisiting crimes against women in India
5. Sixer – R package cricketr’s new Shiny Avatar
1. Designing a Social Web Portal
2. Design principles of scalable, distributed systems
3. A Cloud Medley with IBM’s Bluemix, Cloudant and Node.js
4. Programming Zen and now – Some essential tips -2
5. Fun simulation of a Chain in Android
2 thoughts on “A video tutorial on R programming – The essentials”