In this post I include my 3 video presentations on the topic “Essential R”. In these 3 presentations I cover the entire landscape of R. I cover the following
- R Language – The essentials
- Key R Packages (dplyr, lubridate, ggplot2, etc.)
- How to create R Markdown and share reports
- A look at Shiny apps
- How to create a simple R package
You can download the relevant slide deck and practice code at Essential R
Essential R – Part 1
This video cover basic R data types – character, numeric, vectors, matrices, lists and data frames. It also touches on how to subset these data types
Essential R – Part 2
This video continues on how to subset dataframes (the most important data type) and some important packages. It also presents one of the most important job of a Data Scientist – that of cleaning and shaping the data. This is done with an example unclean data frame. It also touches on some key operations of dplyr like select, filter, arrange, summarise and mutate. Other packages like lubridate, quantmod are also included. This presentation also shows how to use base plot and ggplot2
Essential R – Part 3
This final session covers R Markdown , and touches on some of the key markdown elements. There is a brief overview of a simple Shiny app. Finally this presentation also shows the key steps to create an R package
These 3 R sessions cover most of the basic R topics that we tend to use in a our day-to-day R way of life. With this you should be able to hit the ground running!
Hope you enjoy these video presentation and also hope you have an even greater time with R!
Check out my 2 books on cricket, a) Cricket analytics with cricketr b) Beaten by sheer pace – Cricket analytics with yorkr, now available in both paperback & kindle versions on Amazon!!! Pick up your copies today!
1. Introducing QCSimulator: A 5-qubit quantum computing simulator in R
2. Computer Vision: Ramblings on derivatives, histograms and contours
3. Designing a Social Web Portal
4. Revisiting Whats up, Watson – Using Watson’s Question and Answer with Bluemix – Part 2
5. Re-introducing cricketr! : An R package to analyze performances of cricketers
To see all my posts click – Index of posts
5 thoughts on “My 3 video presentations on “Essential R””
Very good video. I watch with pleasure. Many scientists will be useful. I would recommend to others 🙂